The list of 2017 student scholarship recipients will be posted in May 2017.
Lauren and Kathleen Oliver Memorial Scholarships
Four student scholarships offered!
Full Payment to Entrance into a Real Estate PRE-LICENSE CLASS DETERMINED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE AND INTERVIEW PROCESS; possible mentoring, while determining the needs of the Student.
OUR GOAL: SUCCESS AND CAREER FOR THE STUDENTS
Requirements for scholarships:
- Be a senior in a Gwinnett County High School and a candidate for graduation during the current school term. (Any accredited high school)
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Real Estate
- Be aware that financial need, citizenship and diploma from high school will be major factors in selecting the scholarship recipients. There will also be an interview process.
- The deadline for these two scholarship is April 30, 2017.
Click here for scholarship application.
Peach State Federal Credit Union Career Advancement Scholarship!
For the 2017 Scholarship Program, Peach State FCU is awarding a total of $161,200 in scholarships and educational grants!
The Career Advancement Scholarships, which honor the founders of Peach State, are a part of this program. Recognizing the importance of education as a lifelong experience, PSFCU will award 22 $2,000 Career Advancement Scholarships to eligible members of our credit union. All scholarship winners will be chosen by the end of April 2017 and notified shortly thereafter.
To be considered for the scholarships, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a Peach State member in good standing with an active account that has been open for a minimum of one year
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited program of study at a college, university or technical institute with the goal of career advancement (proof of paid registration documents for current term or class schedule from accredited institution must be included)
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be received by Peach State no later than March 17, 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deborah Fancher.
Bright Ideas is a grant program from Jackson EMC that fund creative, innovative clsssroom projects developed by state certified educations in public middle schools in the Jackson EMC’s service area.
Educators can earn up to $2,000 for classroom projects. Projects must involve students directly, provide a creative learning experience through innovative teaching methods, provide ongoing benefits to the students and create opportunities for teamwork.
All 2017 applications must be completed online and received by Jackson EMC on Friday, June 2 for consideration.
For a complete list of criteria and to apply for A Bright Ideas Grant, visit jacksonemc.com/brightideas.
Best Buy Community Grants
The Best Buy Foundation will donate Community Grants to local and regional nonprofit organizations that provide teens with places and opportunities to develop 21st century technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices.
Examples of program activities include:
- Computer programming
- Digital imaging (photography, graphic design, videography)
- Music production
- Gaming and mobile app development
Community Grants are designed to support local efforts and are reviewed for consideration by Best Buy teams across the nation. The average grant amount is $5,000 and will not exceed $10,000. Click here for more information on the Best Buy Grant.
Apply for a Scholarship
The 2017 GCPS Foundation Scholarship Catalog will be online November 2016. The deadline for the scholarships managed by the GCPS Foundation is January 30, 2017. All scholarship deadlines are included in the scholarship information and clearly noted on each scholarship application. The Foundation awards scholarships to Gwinnett County Public School graduating seniors only. Winners will be announced May 2017.
The GCPS Foundation has proudly awarded over $250,000 in student scholarships to GCPS graduating seniors. Scholarships range in value from $300-$6,000. We will continue to add to the GCPS Foundation Cataloge online as scholarships become available.